Job Title: Head of Strategic Partnerships and Relations
Location: Mogadishu – Somalia
Reporting to: Amal Group
Deadline: 06 Mar 2019
The primary goal of the position is to oversee the management and development of new relations, strategic partnerships and complementary partnerships to support Amal Group’s vision, mission, brand values and positioning.
- Initiate, develop and maintain tangible relationships and links with external strategic and complementary partners.
- Design and execute on specific initiatives that drive and deepen relationship with current strategic and complementary partners.
- Identify key important people or organizations globally to open countless new doors and connections beneficial to Amal Group.
- Create strategic plans for forging and nurturing these specific relationships with clients, stakeholders, strategic partners and complementary partners (current and future).
- Initiate and sustain engagement by providing persuasive proposals, keeping all stakeholders up to speed on issues and projects and providing supporting materials and contents timely.
- Facilitate new relationships and engagements to put Amal Group at the right table, with the right people and at the right time for the right deal.
- Assist the organization in building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders among all strata of society.
- Support the organization in creating strategic opportunities in alignment with company’s vision, mission, brand values and positioning.
- Assist the organization in creating and enhancing a sustainable reputation and strong corporate brand.
- Carefully calculate relationships developed between businesses, organizations or individuals and proactively leverage it when appropriate.
- Engage and liaise effectively on behalf of the organization and co-ordinate the range of engagement and networking activities of the organization with external stakeholders/businesses.
- Advanced degree in business administration, public administration, political science, international relations, finance, economics, or MBA is highly desirable.
- Experience planning and coordinating sizable initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, act tactically/proactively and transform creative ideas into practical reality.
- Ability to quickly build, manage and sustain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to balance competing interests and manage multiple stakeholders with complex and competing objectives.
- Ability to see the value of any relationship and instinctively prioritize activities and focus on the things (and people) that will drive maximum impact/value for Amal Group.
- Flexible to undertake any ad-hoc duties and travels pertinent to the role.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills, to develop effective long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional, ethical and reliable to deal with confidential information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across different stakeholders in an international and multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to be transparent and keep people up to speed on issues and projects.
- Ability to prioritize and plan activities beforehand, taking account of all relevant issues and factors such as expectations, deadlines and requirements.
- Ability investigate, track and understand market trends and insights while learning and taking a strategic view of market, technology and consumer trends.
To apply for the position please click on Apply Now:
Job Title: Branch Marketing Officer
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Deadline: 01 Mar 2019
Branch Marketing Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of the Bank’s Marketing Plan at the branch level. This position is responsible for initiating, developing, driving and overseeing the implementation of marketing and promotional plans including advertising, sales, research, website, events and brand strategy of the bank at the branch level.
- Work closely with Branch Business Development Manager to plan and oversee the organization’s advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic and direct mail outlets with approval from the Marketing & Strategy department.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Marketing Plan at branch level
- Coordinate marketing projects, sales initiatives and brand messaging as it relates to branch signage, website and social media.
- Work with corporate and local branches’ marketing and sales teams to develop and execute marketing campaign and deliver marketing materials
- Design and launch email and social media marketing campaigns at the branch level
- Research media coverage and industry trends at the local level
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics of marketing department
- Coordinate conferences, trade shows, and press interviews/releases
- Process requests/invoices and maintain archives offlyers, posters, signage and graphics & photo files
- Coordinate photography for/of events, activities, etc. for use in publications, media, etc.
- Provide ongoing local market evaluation through market survey, direct customer contact, follow ups, and monitoring of competition and industry trends
- Work with Branch Manager and Business Development Manager to determine event budget and manage expenses to that budget
- Assure consistent application of brand messaging throughout the bank
- Look for opportunities in the banks markets to promote the bank consistency with our strategic objectives, and solidify Amal Bank’s brand messaging
- Assist with creation of marketing and promotional materials such as print, digital and other forms of communication materials
- Volunteers and attends fundraisers and bank sponsored events as needed and other related duties
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with local media including print, radio, and television
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned such as covering for a cashier, investment officer, or customer relationship officer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 plus years of experience and/or training; preferred emphasis in Marketing, with specific experience in bank or financial services marketing preferred
- IT degree or certificate is plus
- Knowledge and awareness of Islamic bank products and services is plus
- Knowledge and awareness of local market and community preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with strong customer service skills
- Solid written and oral communications skills(Somali and English)
- Knowledge of social media and its use in reaching customers
- Knowledge of sales and relationship building skills
- knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts
- Strong internet and digital/social media skills and experience
- Able to think creatively and respond well to pressure
- Team player with ability to multi-task
- Must be able to travel independently between multiple work sites
- Effective time management/organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
To apply for the position please click on Apply Now: